Monday, June 22, 2009

One day till the big event!

Friday, June 19th

Day 46
And no I'm not talking about the 2 dollar tank top sale at Old Navy. (Although, that's pretty amazing too!) We were rushing around like crazy people and my friend Kelsey came over to help me sort through the chaos and keep my mind straight.

She helped me start making all the food and helped me put the kids to bed so that I didn't feel like I was stretching myself all over the house at once and get myself all stressed out. (And for that, you can't even begin to know how stressful I get!)

So once the kids were in bed sleeping, and we had half the stuff for the fruit salad cut up and put in the bowls I realized half the fruit was moldy (yeah nice, the fruit that I bought the day before!!) So, we ventured out into the rain to go to Walmart. About half way up the hill we saw flash after flash of lightening. Turns out, we were driving right into the coolest storm that hadn't hit our house yet. So we turned around to get the camera, because with a lightening storm this huge, you're bound to get ONE picture of the lightening right?!

Partially right. You have to either have a quick camera or LOTS of patience. I took about 45 pictures and got ONE picture of the lightening. When we finally got to Walmart it was hailing so hard, it looked like it was SNOWING! So we ran in the store and what we found inside was much scarier than what we had been in outside! Walmart has glass panes in the ceiling to allow for some more natural light. Well through those glass panes, the lightening was literally flashing in the store! And the thunder and hail echoed through the building like an abandoned warehouse. It was so loud so I shouted to Kelsey "LETS GO BACK TO THE DOORS AND TAKE PICTURES TILL THE STORM LETS UP A LITTLE!" So we did take lots of pictures and it was a comfort to be near the door where you were SUPPOSED to see the storm!

Good news is, we did get all of our shopping done and we got all the food and everything made and ready to go the next day!

day 44

1 comment:

Teresa Klinkenberg said...

That is a really cool pic!