Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hide and Go Seek

Day 31
Today I've been working pretty hard, cleaning and trying to get everything ready for the 6+ hour drive to Portland tonight. We cleaned up all the rooms (except my own) and got everything packed and ready to boogie. I asked Brooke to finish picking up her toys in her bedroom that were by Nolan's crib while I picked up the toys in the living room. I grabbed all the toys and turned around and walked into Brooke's room and she was gone!
So I said "Brookie, where'd you go??" No answer. So I shouted a little louder "Brookelyn, where are you??" No answer. I tried not to panic but my hands started shaking and my heart started beating as I looked in the bathroom (not there) and in my room (not there either). So i ran for the front door and looked outside and shouted "Brooke if you're out here you'd better get your butt to Mommy NOW!" Fully knowing she couldn't have gotten the sliding glass door open and shut by herself, I thought I'd check anyways but she wasn't anywhere.
How does one of the WORST hide and seek players of all time, due to her giggling, hide where I can find her, in an apartment this small?! I decided to check the back rooms again and when I went into Brooke and Nolan's room I hear "tee heee heeeee" and see a foot sneaking back under the crib. So I grabbed the camera knowing she was safe and dropped to my stomach and said "I FOUND YOU!!"
But then we had a long talk about how she should tell mommy BEFORE she plays hide and seek, then I'd count and come find her. And also reminded her that opening the door for ANYTHING or ANYBODY is not OK if Mom and Dad don't say it's OK and will earn her a big time out.
DSCI5302

2 comments:

Kim said...

I've selected your blog to receive the Kreativ Blogger Award. See my blog http://myparenting411.blogspot.com for details.

Congrats!
Kim

Andrea said...

sweet baby angel:-)