Sunday, May 24, 2009

I would walk 500 miles....but not in flip flops

May 23
Day 19

Yesterday we spent the day at my dad's house again. My family is still in town so we wanted to spend another day with them! Julie, Grandma Carol, Aunt Kathy, Shelby and I decided to pack up their kids in the double stroller and pack them the 3 miles around the lake. Once we got to the other side of the lake, Brooke, who didn't have shoes on, started whining that she wanted to get down. Nolan, who was tired, but fighting it, kept chucking his bottle to the ground. Then me and Shelby stopped to pick Brookelyn some flowers, and adjust Nolan and give him back his bottle. So in doing all this, Julie, Kathy and Grandma got quite a ways ahead of us, and me and Shelby were left battling the mosquitoes out of her hair and off the kids. I ended up with 5 or 6 itching, annoying mosquito bites and Brooke got FOUR on one leg! Bug repellant...does not work. And one piece of advice. Don't wear flip flops to walk around the lake unless you're quite sure your feet are completely used to them. And even then, your feet will probably be black by the time you're done like mine were.

2 comments:

ANS said...

That is one big lake! We use AVON bug spray and it really seems to work!

Heather said...

Oh it's WAY huger than that!!!
We got off deep woodsman, and that seems to work OK!